Photoville Hits Brooklyn Bridge Park this Weekend
- PHOTOVILLE’s THE FENCE will be up for the entire summer, starting June 22nd and runs for nearly 1 mile from Pier 1 through to the Pier 3 at Brooklyn Bridge Park. United Photo Industries invited photographers of all levels to explore the theme of ‘community’ and THE FENCE was their answer. Photographs were submitted into 5 categories: Home, Streets, People, Creatures & Play. There will also be a night time projection presentation at PHOTOVILLE on Friday June 29!
- Check out Brazil’s Andre Feliciano and his Camera Greenhouse, DUMBO Arts Center’s multi artist created photo stand ups, night time projections and over 25 photo exhibitions in Shipping Containers – check out the work here.
How can you participate?
- PHOTOVILLE’s organizers are still accepting Volunteers to come share the fun and contribute to building this great new little village!
A photographer yourself?
- GREAT PORTRAITS IN 15 SECONDS – A PORTRAIT OF NEW YORK British photographer David Graham believes that anyone can take a great portrait quickly if you know how. During the workshop, David will share his simple rules on portrait photography and show how participants can quickly improve their images and feel at ease in photographing anyone. All participants will be invited to submit their portraits for a special exhibition at Photoville the following weekend. Graham has taught workshops at the National Portrait Gallery, the World Photography Organisation and international Apple stores. Check out all the details and Register Here!
- EAST RIVER FERRY IMAGES – East River Ferry is presenting a community-sourced exhibition of photos taken from East River Ferry vessels or of East River ferry vessels. The show celebrates both the success of the East River Ferry and the creative nature of the people they serve. Submit your photos here.